This Black Historical past Month members of the KHOU household are cooking up beloved recipes — all the things from entrees to desserts.
HOUSTON — HEB and members of the KHOU 11 Information household current their favourite African-American delicacies full with beloved household recipes.
Chloe’s mother Sock It To Me Cake recipe
(Double recipe for 13×9 sheet cake)
- 1 field of Duncan Hines Golden Yellow Cake Combine or 1 field of Duncan Hines Butter Golden Cake Combine (regardless of which one you select, they each produce scrumptious outcomes!)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 faucet floor cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup bitter cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- Baker’s Pleasure nonstick spray
- Preheat oven to 350 levels
- Spray Baker’s Pleasure in baking pan
FOR FILLING: (combine in a separate bowl and put aside)
- 3 tbsp of Duncan Hines Golden Yellow Cake Combine
- Brown sugar
- Floor cinnamon
- Chopped pecans
- Mix remaining cake combine, eggs, vegetable oil, water, bitter cream, sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl
- Combine for about 20 to 25 min or till actually clean.
- Pour 1/2 of blended cake elements into greased baking pan
- Unfold blended filling elements on high of cake combine in baking dish. Make certain it’s evenly unfold.
- Pour the remainder of the cake combine into the baking pan on high of the filling combine
- Bake in oven for 45 to 55 minutes or till fork inserted in heart of cake comes out clear.
- Pull the cake out of oven and let it settle down for about 10 minutes. Poke small holes within the cake — this enables the frosting to soak into the cake while you pour it on high.
- Combine powdered sugar and milk in a bowl. (You may add extra sugar and milk in order for you a thicker icing. Your desire!)
- Pour on high of the cake and let it settle down for one more 20 minutes.